See this Google satellite image for a view of La Maison Dovalle from above.
From Paris by Train
Start from the Montparnasse or Charles-de-Gaulle station and take the 1.5 to 2.5 hour train ride to Saumur. Some trains offer a direct ride while others include a stop at St Pierre-des-Corps, Angers, or Tours. Once in Saumur you can rent a car from Hertze of Avis (it is more economical to reserve from the U.S.) and drive the 15 minutes to Montreuil-Bellay. Alternatively you can take a 15 minute train or bus ride from Saumur to Montreuil-Bellay. See the SNCF website for specific transportation information for the French railroad transit system. Contact us if you have questions or desire more personalized information.
From Paris by Car
The trip from Paris by car is about three hours and requires travel on toll roads.
- Start by getting on the A11 heading South-West and travel the 135 miles to A85 (toll applies).
- Take the Saumur/Tours exit onto A85 (toll applies) and drive 23 miles.
- Take the #3/Saumur exit (toll applies) and drive 0.7 miles.
- At the traffic circle, take the first exit onto D767 and drive 0.3 miles.
- At the traffic circle, take the second exit onto D347 and drive 13.5 miles, being careful to stay on D347 through the various traffic circles.
- At the traffic circle, take the third exit onto Rue de Doue toward Montreuil-Bellay and drive 0.3 miles.
- Continue on Place de L'Etoile.
- Conitune on Avenue du Pont Napoleon and drive 0.2 miles. After crossing the river take the second right onto Rue des Douves. Continue straight on Rue des Douves which turns into Rue du Marche, then Place du Marche, and then Rue de la Mairie. Each of these streets is a few blocks long.
- At the end of Rue de la Mairie turn right on Rue du Bellay.
- At the end of Rue du Bellay turn right on Rue Dovalle.
- La Masion Dovalle is the first house on the left at 69 rue Dovalle.
If you are using a GPS navigation system and it does not recognize 69 rue Dovalle, try entering the address as 69 Bd de l'Ardenne.
Below is a map of the last few streets in Montreuil-Bellay starting with Rue du Marche. Please call us at +33 (0)2 41 38 80 49 if you miss a turn!